First Division Clubs

Al Khor Club

 

Club Location

Al Khor was unofficially established in 1951 by oil workers to fulfill them with the appropriate facility to invest their energy after their participation with the multinational oil companies at the time. The club was re-established in 1961 and adopted football as its primary sport, as well other recreational sports and activities; The club coincided within the presence of two other clubs in Al-Khor, with the three operating separately from each other. They merged with one of the clubs, Al-Jeel Sports Club in 1962.

In 1964, they also conglomerated with Nahdi Al-Aswad (transliterated to “Black Sports Club”) and had formally made a request to join the Qatar Football Association on 10 June later that year. From then on, the club was known as Al-Taawun.

In 2004, by decision of the Qatar Olympic Committee, the club changed its name to Al Khor, in order to accurately reflect on where the club’s headquarters are located.

Stadium

al-khor-stadium

  • Al-Khor SC Stadium
  • Built in : 1985
  • Capacity :15,000
  • Location: Al Khor city

Heir Apparent Cup
Winners (1): 2005

Sheikh Jassim Cup
Winners (1): 2003