Coach Carreno names squad ahead of Swiss training camp
DOHA: Qatar coach Daniel Carreno on Thursday named a batch of 28
players in his squad that will play the final phase of the 2018 FIFA World
According to details made available by Qatar Football Association (QFA)
on Thursday, the squad will travel to Switzerland for a training camp on
The players will first assemble in Doha on August 1st.
In August, Qatar will play a series of international friendly before heading
to Tehran for their September 1 clash against Iran.
On August 8, Qatar face Iraq in Doha followed by another game against
Real Betis on August 13 in Zurich.
Al Anabi face Jordan on August 18 in Zurich followed by an international
friendly against Thailand on August 24 in Doha.
Qatar fly out to Tehran on August 30. On September 6, Qatar face Uzbekistan
in their second 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying game.
Squad: Claude Amin, Khaled Muftah, Ahmed Yasser, Mohammad
Musa, Abdul Rahman Mohammed, Ismail Mohamed, Luiz Martin,
Mohammed Abdullah, Mohammed Muntari, Karim Boudiaf, Moez
Ali, Hassan Al Haidoos, Saad Al Sheeb, Karim Hassan, Ali Asad,
Muhammad Kasola, Ibrahim Majid, Pedro Miguel, Sebastian Soria,
Omar Barry, Rodrigo Tabata, Ahmed Alaa, Abdulrahman Abakr,
Ahmed Abdel-Maksoud, Khalifa Abubaker, Boualem Khuouki, Meshal
Abdullah and Akram Afif.
Coach: Daniel Carreno
- 01/08/2016 players assemble in Doha
- 08/08/2016 international friendly (Qatar vs Iraq at Al Sadd Club Stadium at 19:00
- 11/08/2016 travel to Zurich until 20/08/2016
- 08/13/2016 friendly (Qatar vs Betis Sevilla in Switzerland at 17:30
- 08/18/2016 international friendly (Qatar vs Jordan) in Switzerland at 17:30
- 08/20/2016 return to Doha
- 25/08/2016 international friendly (Qatar vs Thailand at Al Sadd Club Stadium at 19:00
- 08/30/2016 travel to Iran
- 01/09/2016 match (Iran vs Qatar]
- 09/02/2016 return from Iran
- 09/06/2016 match (Qatar vs Uzbekistan]
- 07/09/2016 return of players to clubs